Because of its success, Lil’ Iguana has been featured in national publications and on national programming. The Lil’ Iguana Program has been enthusiastically endorsed by The Massachusetts Safety Officers League, the South Shore Chiefs of Police, Director of the Early Childhood Program at Lesley University Dr. Lisa Fiore, Head Start Programs, and hundreds of schools, child care facilities, police departments, and parenting and mothers groups.
Lil’ Iguana’s 14-part television series aired nationally on FamilyNet Cable and won:
- Emmy Award for Boston/New England Region 1998
- Massachusetts Broadcaster’s Association Award for Best Children’s Television 1998
- Parents’ Choice Honors Award 1998
- Two (2) Coalition for Quality Children’s Media Awards 1998
- Gold CINDY (Cinema in Industry) Regional Award in Early Childhood Education 1999
- Silver CINDY International Award in Early Childhood Education 2000
- FCC Family Friendly Rating from the Annenberg Foundation
- KIDS FIRST! Endorsement 2011
The Lil’ Iguana Foundation has been invited to the White House
Since its creation, the Lil’ Iguana program has been used and enthusiastically endorsed by:
- Massachusetts Safety Officers League
- South Shore Chiefs of Police Association
- Dr. Lisa Fiore, Director of the Early Childhood Program at Lesley University
- Hundreds of police departments
- Hundreds of non-profit community organizations and foundations
- Hundreds of schools
- Child Care Facilities, Parenting and Mothers Groups, Head Start Programs
- WCVB Channel 5 (ABC BOSTON): Special on LICSF and its in-school programs aired before the football game on Thanksgiving Day
- WMUR Channel 9 (ABC NEW HAMPSHIRE): New Hampshire Chronicle Special
- LICSF invited by the WHDH Channel 7 (NBC BOSTON) Health and Fitness Fair to perform its safety, educational programs in front of an audience of 90,000 attendees.
- WNDS (INDEPENDENT BOSTON) Children’s Safety Special. Lil’ Iguana made history by appearing on the prime time Nielsen ratings with a locally produced children’s television show.
Well-known public figures have stepped forward to praise and support the solid results of our work:
- Mayor Tom Menino of Boston
- Boston City Councilman Sal Lamattina
- Senator Judd Gregg of NH
- Senator Bob Smith of NH
- John and Maggie Bish
- Mark Lundsford, Director of Jessie’s Law
- Actress Mary McDonah of Little House on the Prairie
- Actor Kevin Dobson of Kojak and Knot’s Landing
- Veteran actor Clifton Davis
Radio DisneyTM partnered with Lil’ Iguana before a crowd of 400,000 over two days to teach children’s safety at Tall Ships 2000.
The Lil’ Iguana Foundation has been recognized regionally and nationally as an authority on child safety. Public officials, journalists, educators, and health care professionals seek our advice on their own child safety projects.