National Popcorn Day
a fun snack to share
January 19th is National Popcorn Day, a day to celebrate one of America’s favorite snacks. Popcorn is a fun and versatile food that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways, and it is a great way to spend quality time with your child. Here are a few ideas on how to celebrate National Popcorn Day with your family.
Make popcorn at home
One of the simplest and most enjoyable ways to celebrate National Popcorn Day with your child is to make popcorn at home. You can use an air popper or a stovetop pot with a lid. Once the popcorn is done, you can add butter and salt, or try different seasonings and toppings such as Parmesan cheese, cinnamon sugar, or chocolate chips.
Create a popcorn taste test
Another fun way to celebrate National Popcorn Day with your child is to create a popcorn taste test. You can try different types of popcorn such as white, yellow, or flavored popcorn. You and your child can rate each one and decide which one is your favorite.
Make popcorn crafts
National Popcorn Day is a great opportunity to get creative with your child. You can make popcorn garlands, ornaments, or even a popcorn sensory bin. Not only is it fun, but it also helps to develop your child’s fine motor skills.
Watch a movie and eat popcorn
One of the most traditional ways to enjoy popcorn is while watching a movie. You and your child can pick a movie and have a cozy night in with a big bowl of popcorn to share.
Have a popcorn picnic
Popcorn is a great snack to take on a picnic. You and your child can pack a picnic basket with popcorn, sandwiches, and drinks, and head to your local park for a fun outdoor outing.
National Popcorn Day is a great opportunity to spend quality time with your little one and celebrate one of America’s favorite snacks. Whether you’re making popcorn at home or making popcorn crafts, there are many fun and creative ways to celebrate this special day with your family.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Popcorn Step by Step
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave or on the stove top and place in a bowl.
- Place melting chocolate in the microwave and mix every 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the popcorn and mix with a spoon or clean hands.
- Once the chocolate is completely mixed with the popcorn, pour the mixture onto parchment paper on a flat surface.
- Drizzle a different color of melted chocolate over the popcorn or sprinkle with colored sugar, crushed peppermint, nuts, or chocolate chips.
- Once everything has cooled, you can enjoy!
- Store leftovers in resealable bags or jars.